The top 3 causes of criminal retail shrinkage in Australia are*:
1. Shoplifting (39% of loss by value)
2. Employee theft (25% of loss by value)
3. Supplier Fraud (13% of loss by value)
*Global Theft Barometer
InFront Security has extensive experience in all of these areas, with Employee theft rising substantially as a source of shrinkage. We can help you assess risk and identify instances of internal theft, thanks to our experienced team and rigorous processes. Our team can also help mitigate loss further up the supply chain with a range of market leading warehousing and fixed asset security solutions.
Australian Retail Theft by Industry
Theft in the retail sector has a greater incident in certain product categories, with 3 target Verticals in Australia being:
1. Clothing and Apparel (1.54% theft rate)
2. Department Stores (1.40% theft rate)
3. Electronic Appliance and Media Products (0.61% theft rate)
InFront works with clients in all of the above verticals and provides clients with customised training and specialised guard services for each environment.
Arrange a meeting with a security specialist
Armed Robbery in Queensland is increasing, with a 29% jump in reported cases since 2014. Many of InFront’s Premium Retail clients have identified this concern, and in response InFront has developed Armed Robbery and Hold-Up training for clients and their staff.
Primarily aimed at ensuring the safety of employees, the course also identifies behaviour and processes that will reduce the risk of being targeted. This includes:
– Variation of cash collection and end-of-day procedures
– Awareness of discussion about the value of items or sales in front of customers
– Identifying suspicious behaviours linked to ‘casing’ potential target stores
To arrange this training or to discuss your retail security needs contact one of our Retail Security specialists.
Get a retail security quote